Friday, August 14, 2009

8-14 I'm a believer

I have not kept the daily inventory of food consumed, I need to get back to that pronto...but the good news is the only slight mishap I've had is a handful of peanut MM's today, and that is because my lovely monthly flow has decided to stick around for the ENTIRE FREAKING MONTH. My ovaries were screaming, I was in the middle of a meeting and nothing else was around. At least they had peanuts and I did stick to ONLY one handful. That's AMAZING for me.
I decided to try a smoothie recipe off the internet that contained spinach. I've known four good people throughout my life that swear by these very HEALTHY smoothies, but I always thought they looked gross! WRONG I love them, crave them, actually prefer them as a desert, AND I think it's helping me to poop twice or more a day (yay for the intestines!)
Recipe for Basic Green
1c. WAter
1-2 Handfuls of baby spinach
2 TB agave nectar or other natural sweetener
2C. fruit of choice
1/2 lemon with peel. (I only use a 1/4 lemon)
Creamsicle Green Smoothie
(pictured below)
1c water
1c plain rice milk
2-3 lg spoonfuls of OJ concentrate
1 lg bunch of baby spinach
1 tsp vanilla
2c. frozen peaches

FAVORITE SO FAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment