Thursday, August 19, 2010

Water down those cravings

I'm going to post about things I notice are working and some that are not...
"Water down!" The common link in every weightloss plan out there. Drink your water. I've found on the days my water intake is good I crave sweets or carbs less. Or if I am craving something I'm not allowed to have at the moment I STOP and ask myself am I really hungry or am I thirsty? or tired? Tired is a given but usually I am thirsty.
"Gettin Busy" (not that kind of busy the other kind of busy). When I am craving something and I find myself opening the fridge or the pantry to just stare at what's in there, or if that brownie is literally sitting on my brain yelling "eat me" I have found if I go do something else like start a load of laundry or get busy cleaning out a drawer, the craving will pass.
"Just a bite is bitter sweet" This one is still being refined. I previously had the notion that just a bite would help the craving go away, and certainly a bite is better than the whole thing. Right? I have found for me personally the more I have a sip of this or a bite of that the stronger the cravings become. So yes a bite is better than the whole thing and having a piece of cake is better than eating the whole cake but it packs some bitter consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment