Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Success - True or False?

I've decided I have a fair share of my own exercise myths and false beliefs that I've held to be true...that maybe are not?
Myth #1 If you exercise and work-out you should be able to see the results in the mirror or scale almost immediately, or at least within the week.

True or False? - I have this cousin and all she did was watch carefully what she ate and she lost 2 pounds consistently every week over a period of 4 months. As much as I would love this the truth is that it's not my M.O. So what should my expectation be?

Myth #2 Little bites really don't count and weekends/vacations/ and parties can be off-set by working out the rest of the week. NOT true! FALSE FALSE and FALSE If Jillian is freaking out over 100 calories of a cup-cake then my Oreos and Cake Balls on Sunday would probably send her over the moon. This is a mental game because I really really like TREATS.

I clearly am a little messed up BUT for now I will define success as not giving up. To hit the pavement, pool, or treadmill even when the scale seems psychotic and the skinny jeans don't fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment