Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday Motivation and Thanksgiving wishes:

Today's blurb is brought to you by my fabulous friend and neighbor Sister Ferg.  She is a wife, mother, Grandmother and most recently released from being our RS President.  I want to be like sister Ferg when I grow up because everyone, and I mean everyone loves her.  She is "real" and wise beyond her young Grandma years.  She is constantly "doing good" and sharing the gospel.  I just love her.    She mentioned in her long list of things to do between now and the holidays was to "stay focused on remaining safe emotionally"  I asked her to expand on that thought.

Regarding your wanting a thought for weight loss,  here is a couple: 
 
The things we want the most, we forget in the moment.  And yet a diet coke and 1 Dove "chocoleta" gives emotional comfort  once in a while!
 
Emotionally eating needs to be delt with daily.   Choosing not to love certain people who trigger your eating food that you do not even really enjoy, needs to be delt with. Knowing you can love certain people "from a distance" can be very healing and positive in trying to accomplish weight loss.

Her quote about "from distance" is taken from a talk Elder Holland gave, where he talked about unconditional love.  He said that loving unconditionally does not mean you need to love up close.

Dive into your Thanksgiving feast this week and enjoy!  Then toss the left-overs and get on with being strong and feeling good.  I'll leave you with this poem I picked up from one of my offices:

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey be plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs.

No comments:

Post a Comment