Monday, July 26, 2010

Party on!

I did it! I actually survived this weekend and stuck to my game plan menu of food. AND it STUNK! I was totally grumpy about it. If I'm roastin smores with my kids I wanna have a smore. I don't love hitting the shake shop watching everyone else enjoy while I sip my water. I have spent the weekend thinking how many of my life events or 'fun things' involve a boatload of calories. Sunday family dinner, vacations, weekends at the cabin...from weddings and funerals to date night so much of it is about yummy eating. I need to wrap my thinking around the fact that I can go to the cabin relax and enjoy without getting sucked in by the yummy treats, burgers fries and shakes. If I just knew for sure they were going to be serving those things in heaven I could give them up for good??
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

  1. So, here's my 2 cents. It is true that much of our social interaction in life centers around food. And it's not like you can show up to a family potluck and say - I brought the healthy, tastes like crap, no flavor dish. So, I think it's about choosing your battles, or opportunities to indulge a little. I think if you are eating right 90% of the time, the other 10% shouldn't do you much damage. The hard part comes in knowing when to give in and have the smore, and when to abstain (and possibly be grumpy). You can have 'cheat' days, but what if you have three events planned in a row, that will all be good food and friends, etc? What then? I think it's also about how much you work out. I knew a guy who said he worked out just so he could he junk food. It does suck that we have to practice a form of deprivation in order to get the healthy results we want. But nothing good comes without a price. The other thing I found too is that the things I think will taste so awesome, usually don't when I get them in my mouth. They might taste good, but aren't necessarily worth it.
    Good job on making it through the weekend. Yesterday was hard for me too. I'm just so used to eating whatever I want, and how much ever I want on Sunday afternoons. I was good though, and this morning, I didn't feel like crap when I got out of bed, and I was down a couple of pounds at the gym.
    This thing is as much mental as anything else.

    ReplyDelete