Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Vanity

Dressed for work and ready to head out when the husband says to me.  You might want to look at buying a new pair of pants.  Sometimes it's nice to have your clothes be loose; it's like a constant reminder whatever you're doing, you are making progress. I was beyond baggie in the butt; they looked a little ridiculous.  I went back to my closet and pulled out a pair I knew were to small, they haven't been worn since 2008.  Wa-la they fit.  I didn't even have to lay down on the bed to zip them up.  Yee Ha!  I headed to work feeling like could conquer the world.  I work in a friendly atmosphere as I visit with super cute people from office to office; often they are very complimentary.... cute hair, cute shirt, cute necklace Mel, you look great.  NOT that it's true; they are just super nice.  But I'm just as vain as the next chick.  Today when I'm feeling like a rock star NADA not a single comment.  They were probably thinking "oh my heck did she paint those slacks on?" jk I promise they are not even tight, they just actually fit.  Oh well.  whatever.  I will say, the ducktape flower craft I did for / with the 5th grade today I got a bunch of compliments.  So maybe I didn't rock my pants the way I thought I did but I did rock the duck tape!

No comments:

Post a Comment